An Unrivaled Class in Security
WatchGuard’s Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) advances the state of the art in security, manageability, and compatibility with real-world business environments. WatchGuard’s NGFW products provide true line-speed security inspection on all traffic and support multi-gigabit packet filtering throughput. In addition, the NGFW line provides Application Control; connects offices via unique drag-and-drop VPN; connects people via SSL and IPSec VPN; and gives the enterprise unparalleled visibility into real-time and historical user, network, and security activities. With WatchGuard’s NGFW, businesses can define, enforce, and audit strong security and acceptable use policies, resulting in increased employee productivity and less risk to critical intellectual property or customer data.
- High performance security inspection that blocks attacks and unwanted traffic without hindering mission-critical Internet usage.
- Best secure throughput in its class, with a very broad feature set and the best real-time visibility tools.
- Supports over 1,800 applications, more than any other Next-Generation Firewall.
What is a Next-Generation Firewall?
A platform for network traffic inspection and network security policy enforcement, with the following minimum features:
- Standard firewall capabilities: Packet filtering, network address translation (NAT), stateful protocol inspection, Virtual Private Networking
- Integrated Network Intrusion Prevention (IPS)
- Application Awareness and Control
- Additional Intelligence: Directory integration to tie security policies to users and groups; cloud-based reputation services to stop traffic from dangerous sources
- Real-time and historical visibility into user, network, and security activity
Application Control (How to)